Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy is attacking NYC!!!

If you are living in the Northeast you are well aware of the hurricane, snow storm we have heading our way. It's no joke! It's a category one according to the weather meteorologists. The wind is roaring and going at 90 miles per hours, trees are falling over cars, houses, debris are falling down etc. the water is rising steadily and there could possibly be flooding all over NYC including the in subways. by my house all the tree branches are down and heavy rain is upon us and high winds. Lots of people are with out power. all NYC public schools federal building are closed. All city bridges are closed including major crossing. The public transportations ( subways) are suspended.
I am working from home as it's unclear when I will go back to work. We are praying that it won't be as damaging as predicted by the meteorologists. I have some food put away in case we lose power. Flashlight and candles are at reach. It's a lot more difficult when you have a toddler to take care in storm.
We are staying put in case we have to evacuate however I hope we won't have to. I am not going lie it's a scary feeling when we live in high rise buildings.
I hope everyone stays safe as Sandy is making her way to NYC.

No comments: