Sunday, July 24, 2011

I am back!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!!! I hope everyone is cooling off in this torturous heat. I am so glad that I am not pregnant anymore in this heat. Baby Ayden is surprisingly doing well in the heat, we have the AC on a 3 days straight now (I can't even imagine how much the electricity bill for next month will be). I know it's been a while since my last post, but now that Ayden is born my free time for now has been very limited.

Ayden is now 12 days old and I am so excited to welcome him in our house. Ayden spent 9 days in NICU because of his low platelets  besides that he is completely healthy. It was a heart breaking when i was being discharged I had to leave my behind,  however, by the grace of the Lord and strong prayer I was able to manage. The first 9 days of being a mom was spent in the hospital, going back and forth everyday, spending all my days by his bed side and having faith that he will be out soon. That's the challenge Michael and I had to face and we both managed to see him everyday until it was time for our son to be discharged. I am not a big fan of NICU but when your child is admitted you have no choice but to be strong and pray.

How's Ayden now? Our little boy is doing great, he goes for checks up with the hematology at least 2 a week to check on his platelets. As the platelets get higher Ayden will see the doctor once a month, that's what we are hoping because I am not fan of watching him crying nonstop when the nurse is drawing blood from him. He has an appointment with his pediatrician on Wednesday so hopefully he will start with the shots. He sleeps and eats well,  also he likes the breast milk and Enfantmil. I am not complaining at all and i do hope it stays that way. He is already learning how to start turning, Ayden is very alert specially when it's feeding time.  Ayden has lots of visitors coming to the house and to be honest I feel that these people should give the parents some time with him since he is not even a month yet. Mommy and daddy are home to take care of him plus my family's help has becoming a great relief. I am even more excited because I don't have to go back to work until September..,YES,YES!

I have so much to talk about until then, here are some pictures of Ayden.
Enjoy!
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=58b965a5f7&view=att&th=1315e4cab14f9d15&attid=0.4&disp=inline&realattid=1375255506508881704-4&zw
Ayden is getting ready to come home, apparently he is not too fond of the car seat.


https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=58b965a5f7&view=att&th=1315e4cab14f9d15&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=1375255506508881704-2&zw
Ayden is not a fan of 100 degree weather. He first stroller ride and many more to come.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=58b965a5f7&view=att&th=1315e4cab14f9d15&attid=0.3&disp=inline&realattid=1375255506508881704-3&zw
Meet the Spencer family
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=58b965a5f7&view=att&th=1315e4cab14f9d15&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1375255506508881704-1&zw
It's nap time



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: