Friday, October 9, 2009

Flu shot!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday!!!!!!!! Today I took  the "seasonal"  flu shot during lunch hour. Yep, the flu shot is been provided by the company for free. I normally contacted my doctor for the flu shot however, I decided to get it from the company because it's hassel free and no waiting at the doctor's office. I got the shot done and the only minor problem is that the muscle in the harm is a bit sore and  stiff from the spot where the nurse injected the needle, otherwise I feel great . Now I am going to wait and see how the shot will react to  my body over the weekend.



 In addition of taking the Seasonal flu shot it's also crucial that everyone follow through with different method of keep themselves from catching a flu. A reminder that some viruses and bacteria can live 2 hours and longer on surfaces like desks, door knobs and cafeteria tables.
  • Wash your hands thouroughly with soap and warm water for about 15-20 seconds and while doing that you can either sing the ABC or the Happy Birthday song- very important to prevent germs from spreading
  • cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing- use tissue paper and throw it away and clean your hands after
  • Gel sanitizers and hands wipes are very helpful in preventing germs
  • Remind your children to practice healthy habits too, because germs spread, especially at school

 I feel very paranoid now ever since the The Swine Flu has become an epidemic around the world. Now my next step is to take the H1N1 Shot, that I have to go to the doctor to get. Since I have a sickle cell it's important because I may be at  greater risk of cathing the virus......... If you have not done so please do.... it will be for your own benefit....

Happy Friday!!!!!

  

No comments: