Monday, November 9, 2009

Female of the Year 2009!!!!!!!!!


News Anchor Katie Couric and First Lady Michelle Obama. I just love that red dress, She is a fashion icon... Michelle Obama is chosen as Female of the Year by Glamour magazine. What it means to be women of the year: Her hard work, her accomplishment over sea and in this country. What she represents for all women around the world. Her Strenght and courage really help women everywhere to stand up for what their believe in....

Dr. Maya Angelou- the Poet, the living legend, the artist, the mother of all women... What more can I say about this woman. She is phenomenal because her words means so much to all the women out there. Thank you for such great, kind and precious words. This is in her word.......

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,

They think I’m telling lies.

I say,

It’s in the reach of my arms

The span of my hips,

The stride of my step,

The curl of my lips.

I’m a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That’s me".
—From “Phenomenal Woman,” by Maya Angelou


I just could not leave this quote out, it's from Maya Angelou and it means so much to me. I never really thougt of it like that, these words inspire me to continue to do better and excel at what i like to do best. Honesty is very important for our lives and I will continue to be truthful to my self and others.

“When a person is going through hell,” she says, “and she encounters someone who went through hellish hell and survived, then she can say, ‘Mine is not so bad as all that. She came through, and so can I.’” from Maya Angelou...........

Maria Shriver the wife of the California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger


The woman behind Google Marissa Mayer the Vice President..... As vice President of Google, her goal is to bring more women into the technology and teach them to take chances....


Serena Williams- She is a woman of the year for her hard work on the court and off the court. She recently opened a new school in Kenya and really trying to help people achieving their goals.....


Rihanna is back with wisedom, strenght,  and courage.
This is what she has to say on domestic abuse  "Domestic violence is a big secret. No kid goes around and lets people know their parents fight. Teenage girls can’t tell their parents that their boyfriend beat them up. You don’t dare let your neighbor know that you fight. It’s one of the things we [women] will hide, because it’s embarrassing".
 "I want to give as much insight as I can to young women, because I feel like I represent a voice that really isn’t heard. Now I can help speak for those women".


Happy Reading.....................



No comments: